Re: OT: Declining a copyediting test

Subject: Re: OT: Declining a copyediting test
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:58:07 -0700 (PDT)

-----------------------------
Suzette Leeming wrote:
Is it possible that the condition of the test is deliberate, in an
attempt to determine the type of errors you would notice, and not
necessarily representative of the quality of work that would actually
be required?

In your position, I would be tempted to ask the company if this is
actually the situation, and request that I be given a more "real-life"
test if possible.
Ah, but how one responds to being tested is just as important as the answers one gives.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com