Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss

Subject: Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:17:25 -0700 (PDT)

> > I would only add CB Casper's comment about the ability to
> > create a usable document. Good technical writing is clear,
> > concise, complete, and correct.
>
> Hmmm... I agree, but how do you measure this?

How about this.

Two ideas:

You submit your three pieces to an impartial committe of the
Certifying board and they judge them against a set of predefined
criteria, create a score, then average the three scores.

For those who are concerned about those who are going to write to the
scoring process, let it just be evaluated during the interview by the
certifying official.

Of course, this may be moot as part of the process is the case study
and that is evaluated for not only your ability to analyze and
propose, but your ability to present

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?I can win an argument on any topic,
against any opponent. People know this,
and steer clear of me at parties.
Often, as a sign of their great respect,
they don't even invite me."
Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com