Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss

Subject: Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:43:41 -0600 (MDT)

I agree with John. This isn't a place to judge each others' lifestyles.
And unless this topic moves away from that and back to the discussion of
Dick's new thought about certification ... well, y'all know me well enough
by now to figure out my next step.

You do all remember Dick's point, right? :) If not, it was, "We should
not, in other words, aim for a certificate that says the person who
possesses it is a _master_ of every related discipline. The certificate
should be evidence that the individual takes the
craft/discipline/profession/whatever-you-want-to-call-it seriously."

Have a good weekend,

Lisa B.
P.S. Send me poll suggestions. I bet there's a bunch of them in this
thread alone!

>> > Not all employers value their employees, though, and I can
>> > see how people like John would reason themselves into blowing
well-earned vacation time on professional development, as I
>> > used to do the same thing.
>
> You-guys are taking a possible method used by some and turning it into a
condemnation of how I lead my life.

> Wanna know how we spend our two weeks vacation? Sitting on a beach in
Jamaica wearing smiles, SPF4, flipflops, with mudslides dripping down
our chins. There's nothing wrong with my quality of life. ya mon

> But I'm also not afraid to take a few days and invest it in
> professional development, either
>
> John Posada
> Irie

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com