Re: Is RoboHelp still a viable way to go for help?

Subject: Re: Is RoboHelp still a viable way to go for help?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:49:15 -0400

John Cornellier <jcornellier -at- abingdon -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com> said, " I've never been much of a RoboHelp fan, on the contrary, but it appears that rumours of its demise are greatly exaggerated."

Although Macromedia and/or Adobe have not specifically said they are letting RoboHelp fall to the wayside, we suspect as much for various reasons including these:

a) Adobe products conflict with RoboHelp
b) Adobe products compete with Macromedia products
c) Macromedia is no longer developing RoboHelp
d) Macromedia no longer offers training for RoboHelp
e) Macromedia has cut its RoboHelp staff
f) Macromedia no longer offers "Gold" level support for RoboHelp
g) The original developers of RoboHelp have formed their own company
h) No recent publications have dealt with RoboHelp
i) No new publications are planned to deal with RoboHelp
et cetera...

Thus, RoboHelp is not dead, per se, but it appears to have a very short future.

Personally, I loved RoboHelp (esp FlashHelp), but software evolves and I'm prepared to find out "what's next"!

Arroxane

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com