Re: InDesign as a FrameMaker substitute?

Subject: Re: InDesign as a FrameMaker substitute?
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:58:33 -0500

Laurel,

Now, *that* would be techwriter's Nirvana, having marketing types
"correcting" technical documents, let alone engineers and such who
just *know* they can write! 8:)

As for InDesign, eventually I think it will get there but I agree it
isn't there yet for longer docs. I think it is clear, though, that the
InDesign code base will wind up being the replacement for Frame.

David

On 8/15/05, laurel -at- smartacus -dot- org <laurel -at- smartacus -dot- org> wrote:

> Hello, techwrlers!
>
> My current client was previously without a tech writer for six months,
> during which they converted all their technical documentation from
> FrameMaker to InDesign because no one else at the company knew how to use
> FrameMaker.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com