Re: Anyone else ever notice this Word feature?

Subject: Re: Anyone else ever notice this Word feature?
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:22:31 -0700

When documents change hands frequently, I have found it often to be
simpler to take them to text and reimport into a clean document
instance with only the styles I want to see in the final document.

I wrote a little macro ages ago that lists all the paragraph styles used in a document. I search for paragraphs with nonsanctioned styles and decide which of the sanctioned styles to apply.

Combined with checking the "update from stylesheet" option and running another macro to remove unused styles once I've cleaned up, this makes it pretty easy to keep those multiple-writer files tidy.

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com