Re: Online Help for Web Portal

Subject: Re: Online Help for Web Portal
From: "Tara Charter" <tara -dot- charter -at- physiciansmutual -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:51:17 -0500

Thank you for suggesting OHW (you know who you are) - as a tool for developing web portal help.

After researching Oracle Help for the Web (which is J2EE based and free), I have discovered that I will still need RoboHelp, AuthorIT, or WebWorks (which are not free). Although it is possible to author a help system without using an authoring tool, I am not a J2EE developer, so I will likely use an authoring tool.

I'm looking at WebWorks given the current environment. Anybody else developing Oracle Help using WebWorks, AuthorIT or RoboHelp? Issues?

OHW:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/help/index.html

Tara C.

> On 8/13/05, Tara Charter <tara -dot- charter -at- physiciansmutual -dot- com> wrote:
> >
> > Tech Writers:
> > Any Tool suggestions for writing online help for a web portal?

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return email and delete the message from your computer system.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com