Re: Help testing - how do you handle it?

Subject: Re: Help testing - how do you handle it?
From: tarage -at- bellsouth -dot- net (imac)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:37:54 -0400

l_migliorini -at- yahoo -dot- com wrote:

>You wrote: often have to settle for less, but at least I've shifted
>responsibility for the lack off my shoulders onto management who approved
>the plan and weren't able to come up with the resources they said they'd
>provide.
>
>I do this as well and it is very effective in most settings.

Nice trick if you can do it. Usually the tech writer gets caught in the
crossfire between his/her manager and the managers of other departments.
When you say "It'll take me X long to do it", they reply with a "Nuh uh!
Do it in this amount of time!" It can be a nasty situation.

~Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com