RE: XML/DocBook for newbies

Subject: RE: XML/DocBook for newbies
From: "Donald H. White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:32:28 -0400

I am not offended by the assertion that "...the future [will] belong to
writers who are also software developers." I just think that, knowing
developers as I do, they just don't have the time to produce both software
and good, easy-to-understand documentation for users of that software.

As for the systems-level stuff...well, far too many software projects don't
have good requirements or design specifications because the emphasis is on
pushing the product out the door as quickly as possible.

Things tend to be different with hardware development, of course.

Just my opinion, of course.

Don White
trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com