Re: RoboHelp problems...

Subject: Re: RoboHelp problems...
From: Dizzy <infodziner -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:50:05 -0400

I've been working for the last few weeks testing with our developers,
and I've now set some quick standards for help delivery.

If the app is delivered via web, use WebHelp or FlashHelp, (if
possible, with a pre-configured browser to allow ActiveX on the
intranet and appropriate Flash viewer settings). We do this through
our intranet via Citrix-delivered apps.

If the app is installed locally, you can have the help file included
in the local installation and it will run fine.

And, in case all else fails, there's pdf...

If anyone else has established standards, please share them!

Kathy
idea-design.info

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com