RE: Discussion of MS Word for FrameMaker users?

Subject: RE: Discussion of MS Word for FrameMaker users?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:08:57 -0400

It's that word "Automatically" that gives me the willies. Word happens.
Templates can be accidentally changed, become corrupt, etc. Guess what
happens to the documents whose styles are automatically updated from
them?

To keep up with *intentionally* changed templates, you can update styles
semi-automatically. Leave that check box cleared by default. When a
template is changed, go into the document, select that check box, save
the document, clear the check box, and save the document again. You have
now updated the doc's styles without remaining chained to the template.

-- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com