PageMaker vs. Word

Subject: PageMaker vs. Word
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

Apples vs. oranges.

OK, I realize I am perpetuating a techwr-l pattern here, but I must
ask:
Why do you want to use PageMaker to write a 30-page departmental
manual?

Also, I'm not sure I undestand the numbering issue:

> One of the things that my boss is very concerned with is
> having to renumber a bulleted list or outline if changes
> are made to a document.

How exactly do you renumber a bulleted list?

If you change your document, what to you expect to happen to your
outline?

Are you sure you have exhausted the capabilities of Word to do what you
need?

Heck, for 30 pages an intern could renumber everything by hand for a
few years before approaching the cost of PageMaker.

Mike O.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com