Re: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?

Subject: Re: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

> > I find Wanda and Victoria's reasoning more plausible. There is a
> > reluctance in many organizations to adopt applications which do
> not
>
> You calling me a liar?

There are probably a number of people who are asking themselves
"Whoa...where the h*** did THAT answer come from?"

I responded back to the poster in private, but I wanted to post part
of my response back to the list.

"..You also didn't see the two answers I received off-list from,
shall
we call them, zealots...one who questioned my technical ability to
install "the most thought-out installation process" going, and one
who was of the opinion that I was an MS shill."

I understand that many OS people are zealots. However, if I, for one,
and going to take the OS seriously, some (a small but very vocal few)
OS advocates are going to have to stop with the evangelizing and deal
in the real business world.

If someone doesn't choose to use OS, it's not personal.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."