Follow-up: Heading numbering in Word

Subject: Follow-up: Heading numbering in Word
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:29:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I would like to use AUTONUMLGL for my heading
numbering, but the templates and documents I create
may be edited by people not familiar with fields. (I
am only slightly familiar, so would have to teach
myself, first!)

This article was very helpful (and thanks for this!):
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/WordsNumberingExplained.htm.

I was not clear on something the article discussed:

A. Is it best to create new, numbered styles?

B. I can apply a Heading style, then the 1/1.1/1.1.1
style, then click the indent icon. This seems to apply
numbering that looks correct, but seems clunky.

C. Use AUTONUMLGL and to heck with those not familiar?

The article talked about List Templates - are these
the Styles with the bulleted-list icon to the right,
in the Styles and Formatting list?

Confusedly,
Brian

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com