Indexing a 212 page tech document using WORD '03

Subject: Indexing a 212 page tech document using WORD '03
From: "Lucero, Peggy" <plucero -at- atsva -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:06:20 -0400

I am about to tackle my first indexing project.
I am reading the chapter in the Sun, Read Me First! book.

Basically, if someone has used WORD '03 and built an index for a technical document, can you give me any heads up/lessons learned/stuff to avoid?  I've learned that the real world/personal experiences from those having accomplished something in WORD '03 can be quite valuable to know about!

Thanks,

Peggy Lucero
Sr Technical Writer
ATS