Re: Syntax preferences

Subject: Re: Syntax preferences
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:20:14 EDT

To all,

I am sure that we missed the point of the original question and the
structure presented.

The 'action' should come first, and the result next. (Active voice?)

I believe that the original construct of the second option was the following:

> - Turn ring.
> Turning left sharpens image.
> Turning right softens image.

As has been very constructively put in the several emails, It is relative to
the current position of the 'photographer', the location of the 'object'
being focused on, and the existing setting of the 'focus ring'.

I would also assume that there was a drawing/photograph with 'callouts'
showing the positioning of the 'focus ring'

If this is a step by step process, there would be a 'separate' document that
described the 'physical' attributes of the item.

A lot of 'unknowns' were identified in the emails on this topic.

I learned a number of things that I had not considered.

Thank you all

Harry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com