Re: Another Newbie Question

Subject: Re: Another Newbie Question
From: Lori Olcott <lori_olcott -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

Well that would certainly make things easier if the company in question
already had their own contract.

Here's a related question: are there any contract clauses to beware of or
to try to insist on? Any horror stories of contracts that wound up biting
someone on the butt? For example, a company trying to claim writing you
did outside of their billed hours, because the contract said that all
writing done during the term of employment would be theirs.

Thanks again!
Lori

> I believe that is because most contract techwriters usually have to
> sign the employer's contract... we are very rarely asked to provide one.
>
> If you want someone's money, you usually have to play by their rules.
> ;- )

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com