New Poll Question - Buying Power?

Subject: New Poll Question - Buying Power?
From: Lisa M. Bronson <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:04:41 -0500

Hello everybody!

I hope you had a good weekend! Can you believe August is almost gone? I sure can't!

We have another poll question suggested by a list member. This week's poll was submitted by Dave Brown, who hails from New Zealand (correct me if I'm wrong, Dave!).

Since we've been talking about open source software, a key issue that follows is just how much influence do tech writers have in that arena. Here is this week's poll question:

What influence do you have in choosing or buying the tools you use?

* Whatever I want, regardless of cost
* Whatever I want within a budget
* Whatever I want in budget w/formal justification
* I can influence the choice of tools
* I can use approved software or free downloads
* I can use only approved software
* I have no influence over the choice of tools I use
* You mean there is something other than HB pencils?
* Other/None of the above

Enter your response at http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/

Thanks, and I hope you have a great week!

Lisa B.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com