Font required to display Hindi characters

Subject: Font required to display Hindi characters
From: "Sarah Davies" <Sarah -dot- Davies -at- macrovision -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:19:55 +0100

As well as writing all the documentation in this division, I'm
responsible for organising the translation of both user interface and
Help into several languages. For our next release we are including
Hindi... which presents me with a problem, as everything coming back
from the translators is appearing as gibberish. Doesn't matter what
program I use (HTML editor, Wordpad, Notepad, Word) - I can't get it to
display correctly.

I'm using Windows XP Pro, and have enabled all the supplemental language
support (complex script, right-to-left, East Asian languages) via the
Control Panel. Arabic, Thai, Korean, Chinese and Japanese all appear
with no problems. Can anyone point me in the direction of a font which
will display Hindi characters, or any other process which will help?

Thanks,
Sarah

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com