Database documentation: Field or Column

Subject: Database documentation: Field or Column
From: "Jennifer C. Bennett" <fritillary -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:57:07 -0500

Hello,

I am currently working on documentation for a database that contains descriptions of the purpose of each table and each field/column in the table. This document will be used by developers. Which is the more correct term, "field" or "column"? Is it an "either or and be consistent" matter or is one term more accepted than the other?

Thanks!

Jennifer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com