Re: best approach to learning HTML...

Subject: Re: best approach to learning HTML...
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:07:59 -0400

Sean Hower wrote:

> Without a basic knowledge of HTML, you wouldn't know what to do
> with that code. (Not picking on you Lou, just pointing out the
> added-value to your helpful response if a person knows HTML).

Not at all, Sean.

Strictly speaking, form controls in XHTML are more about server
interaction than presenting content -- but yeah, if you work with
source, you'll learn that stuff, too. And you'll come to understand
XML in the process. XHTML is XML.

XML, that grand, amorphous thing, is what you want to grasp. DW
won't lead you to understand it, and breeds small-bore focus on
tools. The next thing that happens is somebody asks, "How do I do X
with Dreamweaver?" And cats like me, who could tell you how to just
do it, don't have an answer.

Ya gotta believe me, XHTML is dirt simple. Nobody needs Dreamweaver
as much as Dreamweaver needs Dreamweaver.

LQ

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com