Going independant, how do you handle your payroll deductions

Subject: Going independant, how do you handle your payroll deductions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...my company has fulfilled their obligation to the agency
who brought me in and wants me to go independant. They are willing to
pass the complete amount they've been paying the agency to me.
However, that also means I'll have to process all my own paperwork
and deductions, including both side of the employee tax obligation.

I'm not incorporated (yet), so I'm having problems find an entity
that will just process my paycheck.

For those who are independant, what method do you use to calculate
the various deductions. I was looking at the payroll service that's
part of Quickbooks. Anyone use that? Anyone have other input?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."