Re: Font Size(s)

Subject: Re: Font Size(s)
From: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:11:38 -0500

Marci asked:

What is the motivation to change to a smaller size?--I like to toy
with the ops techs every now and then.

If it's a financial motivation, how much money would smaller fonts
save?--Hmm not sure, but less ink and less paper just might help out
the ol' bonus come review time!!!

Who is your audience? How would smaller fonts affect them?--I don't
think they read the stuff I write now anyway...

If your audience is grumpy old folks, smaller fonts may be yet another
barrier to reading your docs (and possibly using your products).-- All
internal, so no need to worry about Ma and Pa Kettle having trouble
reading the How-to.

How much revenue could you lose?--Revenue? I am an expenditure already.

How many more support calls might your company get because the grumpy old
folks will call instead of looking it up?--None, all internal as I
said, but I get enough calls wondering why a procedure can't start out
at Step 1.4 instead of Step 1.1 .

Marci, feeling old and grumpy--Sooo, it isn't just me?

--
Kelly
"Where else would you rather be, than right here, right now?"

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com