Re: Getting organized -- what's your method?

Subject: Re: Getting organized -- what's your method?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:15:47 -0400

I use a variety of methods, depending on the complexity and immediacy of the project:

1) Whiteboard - mainly major project overviews
2) Mini notebook - mostly interviews/SME info
3) Calendar in Goldmine - when other coworkers need the details (rare)
4) Calendar on my desk - especially when on the phone
5) Day-runner type mini-calendar - when on cell phone away from home and work
6) Big whiteboard calendar (at home) - coordinating when telecommuting
7) Scratch paper - the standard around here for "organization"
8) Legal pad (in meetings, mostly) - Usually the first phase of project organization
9) Excel spreadsheet - Documents in/out/complete (until our project management software works right)
10) Whatever I can get my hands on!

In the near future I should be testing an in-house project management application that runs alongside our other products, but no definite ETA.

Arroxane

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com