RE: Linking to online help topic

Subject: RE: Linking to online help topic
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

Sometimes you don't know how to ask the question
clearly, because you don't know enough about what
you're asking about, if you catch my drift. In that
case, you ask a 'stupid' question and hope that the
environment is sufficiently open to respect the chance
you are taking. In the OP's case, she even apologized
for not being able to position her question correctly,
due to this lack of knowledge.

All the best,
Brian

--- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> 2) Some of us have little patience with people who
> cannot communicate
> clearly or expect us to spend more time interpreting
> a question than
> composing an answer. Clear communication, both from
> the perspective
> of composing questions and answers, is a core
> competency of our
> profession and it is from people who cannot
> communicate clearly that
> others form their opinions of us. Is it wrong to
> expect a well
> thought-out and complete question when what is
> expected is a similar
> answer?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com