Re: Linking to online help topic

Subject: Re: Linking to online help topic
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:21:41 -0400

It is possible to be nicer. But being nice is not always going to
happen. Posters on this list reflect the society around us and we have
good days and bad days. And, it's the Internet. Best survival strategy
is to take the whole thing with a mine of salt and grow a thick skin.

As for anticipating who perceives what how, I'm not going to play that
game. This is the Internet. Take what I say, consider it, use it,
don't use it, move on. That is, it's your choice to suck it up or not
but please don't let it ruin your weekend or your search for
information online.

On 9/23/05, Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Just thought I'd point out that we have not heard back from Julie
> Nelson, so whether or not we think the response was rude is
> irrelevant; what matters is how Julie perceived it. All of the
> subsequent responses to the original email seem to ignore the original
> request.
<snip>

> And to those who advise people to "suck it up", "get over it" or "grow
> a thicker skin", is it not possible to just be a bit nicer? After all,
> this IS online, and hiring organizations will often "google" someone's
> name to see what kind of person an individual is. I know I certainly
> do.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.