Re: book recommendation for technical writers

Subject: Re: book recommendation for technical writers
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:06:30 -0400

At it again eh Tony. You seemed to be obsessed in trying to convince the world that TW isn't writing all all. If that is the case, then maybe you need to look at moving to another career field and letting those of us who understand all aspects of TW get on with our jobs.

AL

Tony Markos wrote:

Recommended Tech Writer Books?

Hint: In the main, TW is really not about writing.
Indeed, some popular Tech Writer writing skills really
don't exist - they are but marketing sound bites. If
you doubt me on this, just try and nail down the
specific, concrete steps involved in Structured
Writing (minor structured formatting guidelines
aside). And many a TW has told me that this
mysterious Structured Writing is THE most important
skill in Tech Writing.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com