Re: Fw: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Fw: Information Mapping
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:56:28 -0500

Edwin,

I have never attended their training, but having looked in some detail
at their techniques I believe it may be the best available system for
task documentation. By their structure, the user can easily go to that
part of the material that is immediately desired--including "just the
facts" up to and including the background information useful to the
"newbies" just learning the tasks.

Because of the structure, finding what you are seeking is much
superior to having to read much more, as you do in many other methods.

I'm not sure I would pay for their seminars, though. Last I checked,
there is an "info mapping-like" stylesheet for Frame either on or
linked to the Rocky Mountain STC site. It was when I checked rather
comprehensive, to put it mildly--very much like using DocBook rather
than one of the useful subsets--but you can pick and choose those
styles that are applicable to your use and get rid of those which
aren't.

David

On 9/28/05, Edwin Skau <eddy -dot- skau -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Infomap users swear by the system, not unlike Amway evangelists.
>
> -eddy

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com