Re: Remember we werer discussing NO and drowned data on the list?

Subject: Re: Remember we werer discussing NO and drowned data on the list?
From: "Jenise B. Claiborne" <jbclaiborne -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:57:55 -0400

> If only 1% of the companies who did have a file drawer of vendor
> manuals said to themselves in the past, "If I ever have a chance to
> do it over agin, I gitting me one of them techy-writrs to do it
> right", we'd be able to place a boat-load of writers.
>
> This doesn't include the companies that actually do it right and now
> need more writers to get it done quickly.

In my opinion, which is a little late, there will be jobs in the area
of documentation. Whether companies rebuild their infrastructure, or
bring back the old one, there will still need to have testing, and
reports generated. Although I have said it before, a lot of companies
have contracts with places like Sun guard, and Iron Mountain for
Disaster Recovery. And along with that, they also have DR plans. But
even with the execution of the plan, some tech writer will have to
document what happened with the DR and what comes next for the
company.

>> ^ << Jenise

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com