Re: Experience with Nvu?

Subject: Re: Experience with Nvu?
From: Walter Campbell <atypicaluser -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:01:08 -0700

I've poked around with it a bit, and while it adequately meets my
relatively paltry HTML-editing needs, it's no Dreamweaver. Moreover,
it has UI quirks and odd behaviors that don't sit well with me, nor do
its developers' contentions that these things are actually logical and
"as designed."

Still, I'd say it's well worth a look.

I'm hopeful that a future release will contain a more robust CSS
editor. As far as I can tell, what the program has now is a CSS style
catalog -- it allows you to apply, but not create or modify, styles.

--
Walt Campbell
atypicaluser (at) gmail (dot) com

On 9/30/05, rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com> wrote:

> I was just browsing Mr. Campbell's interesting page on open-source alternatives. Nvu is listed an alternative option to Dreamweaver, which I've been going back and forth on buying for some time now (I still hand-code HTML when I need it, and while that's fun and all, I feel like I should learn something about modern methods :-) ). Does anyone have experience with it?
>
> Rebecca Stevenson
> Freelance Technical Writer
> 508-725-0937
> AIM: RJSWriter