Re: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: Re: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

John:

I understand about the need to try and get the best
hourly rate. But how "permissible" is it to ask for
the billing rate?

Billing Rate: What the agency charges the client per
hour.
Hourly Rate: What the contractor is paid per hour.

Tony

--- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

I had an interesting conversation with an agency
today.

After discussing a position, we got around to
discussion rate. I
started first, said I was looking for $45/hr. She
says "I'm sorry,
the best we can do is $35." I let her know that it
was too low. She
comes back with "If we could get to $40?" I told her
if they could do $40 and if OT was available, I'd go
for it. She says "Hold on, let me check."...she come
back with "We can do $45 and they do pay for OT."
I told her it was a go and she could submit me.

An hour later, she called back with an appoint for
an interview for tomorrow. It is a VERY strong fit for
my skills.

My point? It doesn 't matter who says what in what
sequence. If they want you, they'll be more flexible
the more they want you.

Yahoo! for Good

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com