Re: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: Re: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

> Tony Markos: According to the Contractor's Handbook
> website: An opportunity for the agency to demonstrate
> to me that they are moral and ethical. How does that
> sound?

By extension, not disclosing it is immoral and unethical? I see
nothing unethical about not disclosing the information, and maybe it
even touches on protecting proprietary information. Agencies are
competive with each other. If I was an agency, I'd liked to know what
my competition is charging their clients.

Besides...when you buy, let's say, software or hardware. Do you ask
Dell, or Gateway, or Circuit City what they are paying for the
hardware or software?

You look at the price to you and you make the decision on that
number, not the numbers behind it. As far a knowing how much of a
raise they can afford...they afford the raise they have to to keep a
resource...the more they value the resource, the more they can afford.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."