Re: we need to talk.... [was: is "technologies" a word?]

Subject: Re: we need to talk.... [was: is "technologies" a word?]
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

> > > Our job is to communicate. I don't care if I
> > > do it with "The Queen's English", common American
> > > usage, Ebonics, Pig
>
> We don't (can't) communicate using the Queen's
> English with someone who only knows pig latin. It
> maybe that someone who is strict about the
> Queen's English will think one is illiterate if
> they see 'technologies' (what one is
> communicating then is a bad impression of
> oneself).

I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, that the choice of form
of language is based on what the targeted audience prefers.

BTW...technologies in an accepted word according to my dictionaries.
Using it correctly is the same issue for any word, technologies is
not special.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than