Re: Need Advice on Online Authoring Tools

Subject: Re: Need Advice on Online Authoring Tools
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:18:38 -0400

I've been doing what you want with FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher since 1998.

In fact, just last week I opened several 400-700 page unstructured
FrameMaker projects dated 1999 and 2000 and created PDFs and CHMs from
FM and WWP (Win98) with no issues. Since the FM projects were created,
FrameMaker has gone from version 5.5 and 6 to 7.1 and WWP from version
5 and 6 to 8 (9 called ePublisher Pro is out now), and the OS is now
XP Pro, and I did have to spend 30 minutes to set up a new WWP
project, but otherwise nothing else needed tweaking.

All was well.

So, to answer your post, FM + WWP is an excellent solution.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.