RE: "New Media"

Subject: RE: "New Media"
From: Greg Holmes <greg -dot- holmes -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:31:37 -0400

"William Turner" wrote:

>My idea is to post a document for review at an internal
>URL that provides blog facilities so that reviewers could
>post their comments for all to see.

>This concept seems so obvious to me that I have the
>feeling that some of you are going to ask me on what
>deserted island I have been living for the past 10 years.

I tried "post to a URL for review" maybe five years ago, I
think (no blog commenting facility, of course). People just
didn't "get" it. They wouldn't get in the habit of going to
look, and if I had to hound them by email, it wasn't really
much of an improvement.

There's something about the:

* immediacy of email, and
* persistence of email - it just sits there in your Inbox until
you deal with it

that I haven't been able to beat yet. Maybe the blog
method would work better, or maybe in a tech company
(or *young* company) staffed with blog aficionados ...

Greg Holmes

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com