Re: Extracting graphics from MS Word

Subject: Re: Extracting graphics from MS Word
From: Dave Brown <david -dot- brown -at- tait -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:18:28 +1300

Hmm, maybe I should have added a caveat: we're still stuck on Word 97. There are no HTML export options. So if you put a high quality TIFF in, you don't get one out. Again, any vector artwork will turn to custard. From the help file:

Graphics, such as pictures and clip art, are converted to GIF (.gif) format, unless the graphics are already in JPEG (.jpg) format. Drawing objects, such as text boxes and shapes, are not converted. Lines are converted to horizontal lines.

--
Dave

Dan Goldstein (1 Nov 05 10:25 a.m.) wrote:

"Hope it converts OK"? "Not recommended"?

Word automatically extracts the graphics to a separate folder. Works
fast, works every time. If it didn't work for you, please post the
details: Either you need to adjust your settings, or I need to eat my
hat.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com