RE: Style Guide Question - documenting paragraph tags

Subject: RE: Style Guide Question - documenting paragraph tags
From: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:36:56 -0800

Hi Julia,

I document this to a certain extent, only because someone may want to
duplicate the style in Word. However, we try to encourage our authors to
use our templates, which already have everything figured out for them. I
don't document every paragraph or character style or even every element
of them. It's too much information for the majority of people. If they
want to know, they can come ask me.

However, what I think is more important in a style guide, particularly
if you have both Frame and Word users, is how to use and apply styles.
Most Word users seem to enjoy using the buttons on the toolbar, rather
than actually applying a style to the paragraph, and that gets them in
trouble every time.

Hope this helps some.

Claire Conant
Technical Editor