Re: Educational Backgrounds

Subject: Re: Educational Backgrounds
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:20:05 -0500

I have a Bachelor of Science in Communication from RPI. RPI also has a
major in Electronic Media Arts and Communication, which might be of
interest to him. Of course, RPI now costs an arm, leg, and a good
chunk of torso to attend...

On 11/2/05, melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> In my office there is a part time writer/web designer who has been helping
> me with the technical writing and is doing a great job. He has been doing
> this on his own since he was a kid and is really great at not only the web
> design, but at the technical writing. He is thinking of going to school
> and asked me what would be the best degree to pursue. Since I have a BA in
> Scientific and Technical Communications from Michigan Tech. I naturally
> said that. :)
> However I have worked with a few other technical writers and none of us
> had the same degree, which got me thinking it would be interesting to
> learn about the educational backgrounds of the posters on this list. Any
> one care to share? It might help him in his decision, since I am new to
> Maryland, I am not really sure what the colleges in this area have to
> offer for a promising tech writer!

Bill Swallow
HATT List Owner
WWP-Users List Owner

maker review (October 2005) is here:

Doc-To-Help 2005 converts RoboHelp files with one click. Author with Word or any HTML editor. Visit our site to see a conversion demo movie and learn more.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com