RE: Alternate Title to Tech Writer?

Subject: RE: Alternate Title to Tech Writer?
From: "Secara, Maggie" <MSecara -at- sjm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:21:26 -0800

As far as I can tell, even that isn't a problem, The mere mention of
system requirements in my resume gets me calls about systems analysis
and requirements program management--neither of which I'm qualified
for--totally ignoring the actual job title. The low level recruiters who
make those contacts often don't even have a copy of the resume, just a
phone number and a job description I couldn't possibly be interested in.

My contracting entries all say "Technical Writer". The others are either
whatever the company called me or not, as seems sensible. No one has
ever quibbled about it, and somehow I keep working. My favorite was
Documentation Analyst at a place where they had no category for me and
were paying me at the Systems Analysts' rate.

Maggie

> > The'll recogmnize what you did by what you do...not because
> your title
> > doesn't fit in exactly with their words
> >

> Perhaps the OP is concerned that his resume will not be
> picked up when recruiters/HR people do searches based on keywords?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com