Re: Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Full Version - Quick Question

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Full Version - Quick Question
From: Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:32:17 -0500

On 11/4/05, Anthony <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Are there any specific things to watch out for or
> settings to make to ensure the most size efficient and
> fully tabbed/linked PDF files when using this 30-day
> trial version?

PDFZone is an amazing resource for this kind of thing.

http://www.pdfzone.com/

Check out their "Tips" category for useful articles on all aspects of
PDF creation.

They also host mailing lists, including one for PDF beginners, and the
lists have searchable archives.

Here are my "hot tips" for making great PDFs from Word documents -

(1) Use Word's heading levels intelligently and make sure that your
TOC, caption and index entries are hyperlinks in the Word document.

(2) Use common fonts so that you don't have to embed fonts in the PDF
document; this can reduce file size considerably.

(3) Be sensible about the resolution of your embedded images, and
check your "graphics quality" settings in Acrobat and make sure that
you're not ratcheting down the image size too much. Experiment until
you find the right balance between resolution, size and quality.

- bc

--
Barry Campbell <barry -at- campbell-online -dot- com>
AOL IM: bcampbellnyc

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com