Re: Access Question

Subject: Re: Access Question
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:21:42 -0500

W. Kelly Oja wrote:

Fellow Whirlers:

A co-worker asked for some assitance on an Access issue. I thought I
would post here while I go through some of my own research in hopes
there is an Access guru out there.

Okay, the current default character limit in a text field is 254. Is
there a method to extend that? He calims to have gone through the help
section, but nothing.

Any ideas/tips/etc?

"Text" limit is 255 I think, although maybe you're correct that it's 254. What you want for long text is "Memo," which I think is 65K IIRC.

maker review (October 2005) is here:

Doc-To-Help 2005 converts RoboHelp files with one click. Author with Word or any HTML editor. Visit our site to see a conversion demo movie and learn more.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com

Access Question: From: W. Kelly Oja