Re: Xtreme Programming / Agile Development and Documentation

Subject: Re: Xtreme Programming / Agile Development and Documentation
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:36:11 -0500

Edwin Skau wrote (in part):

In such projects, you would typically benefit from having a writer
assigned to each individual team involved. This writer would have to
stalk the team and pick up inspiration and tips from all three CSI

I put together a two-person Xtreme writing team once, when we had to
produce an instant miracle. It worked. We planned what was needed,
more or less, divided the work sort of arbitrarily, and then swapped
work when we weren't finished. It was very exciting, and got around
the usual one-man problem of having to re-read one's own stuff with
a fresh eye, which is nearly impossible without waiting a week.

My belief here is, "If THEY get to have an Xtreme Coder Team, then
WE get to have an Xtreme Writer Team." A corrolary to that would
be that it's fair for the writers and developers to throw half-baked
stuff to the opposite team, respectively.