RE: career path in the third and fourth decades?

Subject: RE: career path in the third and fourth decades?
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:04:41 -0500

Arroxane wrote:
Where are all the golden-era TWs? They may not be comfortable enough with electronic communication
to participate in a list such as this. But that's just my guess.

Maybe, but probably not. Maybe they already know everything so they don't need any more advice. <g>

I think we have a few seasoned veterans on the list, perhaps they're lurking. My uncle was a technical writer from the '60s into the '90s. He's now retired, but he's the one that got me interested in technical writing and told me about this list. He was active for a while during the techwr-l infancy, but as the number of posts grew, he felt he needed to manage his time better. The final straw was when he saw the "One space or two" thread one too many times.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com