Need Word help regarding numbering

Subject: Need Word help regarding numbering
From: "John McDermott" <jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L digest" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:59:16 -0700

I have a manual with some paragraphs numbered like this:
1. aaaa
1.1 bbbb
1.2 cccc
1.3 dddd
2. eee
and so forth. I want to insert text like "see section 1.2 on page 2" in my document.
I can make lots of bookmarks, but I was hoping there was a quicker, more automatic way. I've never had to do anything like this in Word, and I'm a bit stumped. Any help is appreciated.

John McDermott, CCP
Writer, Educator, Consultant
jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com
V: +1 505/377-6293 F: +1 505/377-6313

project-based workflow. Try it today!

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit