Re: em dashes, en dashes, and hyphens in help / intranet / internet documentation

Subject: Re: em dashes, en dashes, and hyphens in help / intranet / internet documentation
From: "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 04:01:29 -0500

Edwin wrote:
> After all does the thinking on periods, commas, colons,
> quotes, etc. change between printed and online media?

Maybe a little. Screen resolution being what it
is, you can't be quite so certain that the reader
will easily distinguish a semicolon from a colon
or even a comma from a period. So when we write
for online media, we place a greater priority on
punctuating everything as simply and predictably
as possible.

Mark L. Levinson
Herzliya, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

mail2web - Check your email from the web at .

project-based workflow. Try it today!

proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit