Re: The weirdest thing I've seen all week

Subject: Re: The weirdest thing I've seen all week
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:16:08 -0500

John Posada wrote:

> The Outlook version:
>
> <a class="LoginText" href="javascript: void(0);"
> onclick="window.open('Login_Forgotten_Pin.asp','Login_Forgotten_Pin','width=350,height=400,name=,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,toolbar=0,titlebar=0');">Reset
> Pin</a>
>
> The Yahoo version:
>
> <a class="LoginText"
> href="http://mail.yahoo.com/config/login?/_javascript: void(0);"
> onfiltered="window.open('Login_Forgotten_Pin.asp','Login_Forgotten_Pin','width=350,height=400,name=,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,toolbar=0,titlebar=0');">Reset
> Pin</a>

John,

Try this test (I'm guessing here; this may not work). Instead of accessing your Yahoo mail through the mail.yahoo.com Web interface, set up a POP account on your laptop, using whatever mail client you're accustomed to (Thunderbird, Outlook Express, whatever), pointed to your Yahoo address.

After you do that, see if the same thing happens. This is likely to be a transformation that happens between your Yahoo inbox on the mail server and the Web browser rather than something that happens within the inbox.

Dick