Colon following a number

Subject: Colon following a number
From: "Kirk Turner" <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 01:04:56 -0500

Is it OK to follow a number with a colon in a title? Example:

PART 3.2: Lakefront Property

I can't find anything that says this is incorrect, but it looks odd to
me. I'm probably just too picky. Shouldn't I just exchange the colon for
a space between the "2" and the "L"?

project-based workflow. Try it today!

proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit