Name for type for screen

Subject: Name for type for screen
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:30:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I need a name for a type of screen.

I'm documenting a web portal and my application has three type of

The primary screen is the full page web page with numerous
fields,labels, input boxes, etc. In the documentatin, I use the term

When the user clicks certain buttons, they get a small secondary
window where they enter the requested input. This I call a "dialog".

The question...certain actions result in a window with a value that a
userr needs, such as a reply for a temporary password. The user does
no "conversation" with the application, just receives information and
clicks a Close button.

It is a name for this type of screen that I'm looking for your

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"Well, you have to know these things
when you're king, you know." -