Amazing PDF to Word/RTF converter

Subject: Amazing PDF to Word/RTF converter
From: Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:58:57 +0200

At times I have seen people posting on this list in search of a utility that
will convert a PDF file to MS Word format. Never having been in the need for
such a thing, I did not pay much attention, until yesterday. Here is a
service, that helped me. I am so impressed with the service, that I must tell

A customer recently handed me a PDF file and said please update this manual.
When I asked for the source file, he said the PDF was the source. I explained
that this was not possible and after some hours he reverted back to me with
the sad news that the company did not have or did not know where the original
file was. I cringed at the prospect of typing out 400 pages.

While searching the net for a solution I came across this service called "PDF
Tunnel" []. I did a test run and was so impressed
that I decided to pay to get the customers PDF converted. It was nothing
short of amazing. It converted a 400 page PDF document into a RTF with
amazing accuracy and speed.

For the record, I am not a member of, or associated with the company providing
this service. I am just really amazed at this service and thought to share
what I see as a valuable service.

Enjoy, seasons greetings.

Sean Wheller
Technical Author