Re: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly

Subject: Re: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:44:27 -0800 (PST)

If for example, the standard formatting calls for
right-size numbered steps (written in the active
voice), if I have "holes" in my understanding of the
subject matter, I can try and hide such by switching
to unnumbered (read: often non sequential), large
paragraphs written in puffed up, vague,
non-active-voice language.

Rationale: If they can't establish the flow of it
and/or get specific with it, then maybe they will not
be able t see the holes in it. Happened all the time
at the DOD agency which I contracted at. (Often times
such text was prefixed with a statement like "The
procedure to do X is simple.")

Tony Markos

--- Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> I figure I'm missing something, because I don't see
> how reformatting
> something will hide the holes in the content.
> Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~

Do You Yahoo!?

project-based workflow. Try it today!

proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit

Re: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly: From: Char James-Tanny